A bit about us.
Hello there! We are Sonata, a new venture focused on building a platform that connects independent musicians and composers, with professional filmmakers and content creators.
Sonata was born out of an existing music agency, here in London: Soundscape. As a collective of musicians, filmmakers and creatives we’ve been frustrated by the inner workings of the music licensing sector. The lack of transparency, promotion of average stock music and shady rights management which all inevitably leads to the right music not being placed on the right projects. Artists are frustrated and so are the end users, filmmakers. We want to simplify the licensing engine for all parties, once and for all.
All of this has formed the foundations to set up our new venture, SONATA, with a dedicated team of specialists to build out our vision and leverage our existing contacts. The project is yet to launch, but we’re busy building the platform and getting artists onboard. We expect to launch our private beta in August 2019.
We’re looking for someone remarkable to join Sonata as a Sync & Catalogue Manager. A quick learner with a proactive mindset, a superhero with a sprinkle of awesomeness.
You will assist the team in building an entirely new sync & licensing platform, featuring amazing emerging musical talent and an easy-to-clear solution for content creators.
Your to do list will primarily be the following:
- Exploring Spotify, Instagram, music websites, blogs, events, festivals and anywhere else you can think of to find and discover artists!
- Introducing artists to the platform & continuing to develop these relationships
- Being the first point of contact for artists
Managing the Catalogue
- Metadata tagging
- Auditioning new submissions and identifying artists/tracks that should be taken onto the platform
- Managing the process of onboarding artists to the platform
- You’ll also be helping us communicate all that we’re doing within the organisation to the big bad world!
Skills and Requirements
- Good understanding of the sync market (aka what music is relevant for today’s content creators)
- Tapped into a scene of up-and-coming/emerging music talent
- Proficient understanding of music copyright and licensing
- Experience with Metadata tagging & management
- Comfortable reaching out and communicating with artists/musicians
- You are good at organising, coordinating and planning
- You have an eye for detail and hate typos as much as we do
- You’re flexible, not afraid to pick things up and go the extra mile
- Your passion for music is so incalculable that not even Isaac Newton would be able to figure it out
- Connections to media industry (content creators, editors) would be valuable
- Any previous experience in a Catalogue/Music Supervisor type role would be a bonus!
Sonata HQ is by Tower Hill tube station (10 dock street, E1 8JP). We share the office with our sister company Soundscape and AV arm Tateside, so let’s just say the tunes and sound system are pretty awesome!
Starting: June / July 2019
Apply to: email@example.com
Salary Expectations: £22 – £30k per annum (depending on experience)