Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney. The company’s catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, and Tori Amos. Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios, AVL Digital Group and SongtrustⓇ, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown is seeking a Sync Coordinator, UK to join our team in the London office. This position will report directly to our Head of Sync and Brand Partnerships, UK.
What will you do:
- Build and maintain themed, catalogue and new release playlists for the UK market.
- Support the Head of Sync, UK with the creation of sync projects and pull preliminary song selections as related to briefs across all media verticals.
- When needed, oversee the ingestion of audio into the Downtown’s systems.
- Research proactively potential sync licensing opportunities, pulling data and creating reports for the Head of Sync that relate to the effectiveness of UK sync efforts.
- Support in the creation and distribution of marketing materials for the UK sync team.
- Assist with executing showcases, dinners, parties, and other events related to the promotion of the Downtown catalogue for sync.
- Act as the point person for all relevant sync deliverables for new UK signings.
- Maintaining databases and other key admin support – adding contacts, logging pitches and incoming UK sync requests, marketing mailers, updating reports.
- Manage concert ticket buys the UK and other European territories along with attending concerts of Downtown clients and occasional industry events outside of normal work hours, when required.
- Proficient understanding of music publishing and sync licensing.
- 1+ years of relevant music industry experience and passion for music with broad taste and knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and under pressure in a fast-paced setting, managing and balancing daily tasks with longer-term goals.
- Excellent verbal, written, organisational, administrative and communication skills.
- Reliable, diligent, proactive and a good people person.
Why do you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing office in Covent Gardens
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program
- Career growth opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.