Operating within the Involved Group, Involved Publishing is home to Above & Beyond, Lane 8, Andrew Bayer, Seven Lions, Yotto, Jason Ross, Cubicolor and many more. Alongside the publishing company, the Involved Group is also home to Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep, two of the world’s leading independent electronic record labels and events brands, and the artist management company, Involved Management. With offices (and studios) in Bermondsey London and LA, we are looking for a highly motivated and proactive person that can demonstrate strong experience and understanding in key business areas in Publishing including Synch, Creative and Copyright management.
The Involved Group is committed to collaboration, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome applications from a diverse range of people, respecting and drawing on different perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge.
The position offers a unique opportunity working within a truly 360 music business, working alongside our label, management and events divisions.
- Assisting in working the catalogue of songs and pitch songs to producers and labels;
- Setting up writing-sessions and assisting setting up writing-camps;
- Helping to maintain all the tools used for doing all the above;
- Maintaining existing creative relationships with clients and business partners worldwide;
- Helping to scout and identify possible new clients;
- Assisting the marketing and administration within the sync team for both Master and Song copyrights;
- Support on license preparation;
- Stay abreast of, maintain and further relationships with key personnel at clearance companies/houses within the industry;
- Sourcing new opportunities for our one-stop and pre-cleared library;
- Monitor and act on changing trends, terms and strategies used by production companies to clear and license music.
- Ensuring works are submitted for registration correctly at collection societies;
- Dealing with general enquiries regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements;
- Handling song disputes and duplicate claims;
- Processing new works and agreements as the company acquires rights to new catalogues;
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive.
- Strong interest in electronic music & openness towards various musical genres;
- Minimum two years experience in Music Publishing;
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of building and maintaining client relationships. The duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience;
- Experience in music clearance and licensing, preferably at a label, publisher or music licensing company;
- Track record of excellent organization and prioritisation skills;
- Experience of working with multiple collection societies, including but not limited to PRS/MCPS, ASCAP, BMI etc. would be considered a plus
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set;
- High level of written and spoken English;
- Analytical skills as well as experience working with Excel;
- Proactive self-starter with a good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments;
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Docs suite;
- Design skills (Adobe Creative Suite, Web Design) would be considered a plus;
- Good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments and growing businesses;
- Education support
- Work travel and events (Global);
- Genuine relationship(s) with writers/artists;
- Studio facilities
- Twice weekly yoga
Salary: £25-28k / Dependent On Experience
Applications Close: 31 May 2019
Send Application to: email@example.com
Please apply with CV and one-page cover letter addressing the skills and experience outlined in the person specification.