We have an exciting opportunity for a Sync Licensing Contracts Manager to join us in our London based Sync team!
The Sync team at BMG is an international hub responsible for the creative licensing of our music for use in film, TV, advertising, games and in fact, anything which puts together an individual piece of music with moving pictures.
This role is responsible for the drafting and issuance of Sync licensing contracts and invoices for all Sync (and from time to time other media e.g. merchandise, lyrics, artwork) deals agreed by BMG Sync UK across all media types including Advertising, Television, Computer Games, Film, Radio and Special Projects.
- Review deal terms in Songs.BMG (our sync licensing and pitching system) to check for accuracy, compatibility with the BMG license templates and invoicing process and data integrity.
- Liaise with Legal and Business Affairs (LBA) where required on any comments, request amendments and issues with Sync license contracts.
- Regular review and update of Sync license process & precedents to optimise LBA requirements.
- Send Sync licenses to clients, fielding queries/comments regarding final paperwork and invoicing and making necessary revisions to final paperwork with review from LBA where required.
- Upload licenses to e-sign platform and proactively tracking signatures from all parties.
- Ensure archive of fully executed licenses is maintained and accessible.
- Build relationships with key counterparts at licensees.
- Maintain up to date awareness of new media types and definitions as they immerge.
- Set up new Sync customers in SAP invoicing system.
- Liaise with Accounts Department, Senior Director Group Accounting & SAP and external financial contacts regarding invoicing queries and issues.
- Create Sync invoices through Songs.BMG where possible, and liaising with Accounts team where not possible or where new vendor forms and other paperwork is required.
- Send invoices to Sync clients along with licenses.
- Handle any initial queries from Sync clients relating to invoices and payment of Sync deals.
- Assist the Finance team with queries regarding outstanding debt so that they can follow up for invoice settlement proactively.
- Experience in a music or media (advertising, film or tv) license administration role
- Understanding of and desire to keep up to date with media landscape
- Experience of drafting sync licence agreements
- Strong negotiation skills and attention to detail
- Organisational skills and ability to handle high volume, conflicting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships both internally and externally with ease
It would be a plus if you also have a experience with finance or invoicing, a good understanding of VAT / Tax matters and have a law or business background.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Flexible working environment
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment (Currently virtual!)
What you should know about us.
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
BMG are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We want all applicants to perform to their full potential throughout the recruitment process. To ensure you are able to do so, we are easily able to offer reasonable adjustments. If you require support with your application or would benefit from reasonable adjustments during the recruitment processes do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.