Bopper is a B2B music company with a purpose. Our mission is to champion the use of indie music by brands, TV ad Movie producers making sure artists get compensated fairly. Following significant funding, Bopper is accelerating its Canadian expansion program and we are seeking Creative Sync Licensing Representatives all across Canada to research and generate opportunities to secure music placements with ad agencies, film, tv, trailers, video games and more. This role reports to the sales director.
As a pioneer in our business development team, you will have to seek out and eventually:
-Pitching music and securing sync placements for artists with advertising agencies, film & television studios and music supervision community
You must be comfortable spending many hours a day on a computer and telephone to pitch as well as meet prospects face-to-face in your market when possible.
Other fun duties as assigned.
If you want to make a difference at Bopper but also for independent artists and help create and execute our customer acquisition strategy, we would be honored to hear from you. The management team will be at your disposal to help you succeed.
Bopper is a growing business made up of professionals passionate about music, advertising and technology. We have created the only fully transactional web licensing platform specifically for advertising agencies around the world, where they can quickly find on-brief tracks, price them and automatically license music from well-known or emerging artists to use in their video productions. We’ve transformed an otherwise long and tedious process and made it the most intuitive and enjoyable music discovery and licensing experience ever. Bopper IS NOT a royalty-free or stock music library.
The base salary is above average and a generous uncapped performance bonus is available. An accelerator is also offered if you exceed your goals. A stock option program is available to reward our best performers. Our head office is located in Montreal, Canada so you have to feel comfortable working remotely with minimum supervision.
- Identify key major accounts among Ad Agencies, Music Supervisors, Trailer Houses, TV and Movie producers.
- >Use online prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customers
- Determine the prospect’s interest in our services (Pre-cleared music, Music Searches and Music rights clearance)
- Deliver demos when required
- Consistently achieve monthly sales activity goals
- Generate music briefs (opportunities) and e-com transactions.
- Build strong relationships with the prospects to become their go-to destination for their music needs.
- Maintain all client info up-to-date in the CRM (Salesforce).
- Develop, manage and maintain strong key customer relationships.
- Actively participate in closing strategic opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in sales
- Existing relationships within the film, tv, advertising and music industries (specifically music supervisors). Must also have the ability and enthusiasm to continually grow their professional network.
- Previous experience in music licensing, with an understanding of music publishing and master/sync agreements.
- A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields.
- Excellent creative instincts and a finely-tuned musical ear.
- Vast knowledge regarding all genres of music, with the ability to anticipate and understand contemporary trends.
- Ideal candidate is also a social media savant and is willing to actively monitor and participate (selfies optional) on all relevant platforms.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, psychic).
- Ability to adhere to deadlines (at times unrealistic and/or unreasonable).
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, while maintaining a consistent level of quality and sanity.
- Fun, charismatic personality who has a sense of humor and can play well with others.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative and assumes responsibility for own actions.
- Proactive outside-the-box thinker.
Please contact me at: email@example.com