Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney.
The company’s catalogue spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, Carla Bruni, Tori Amos and Australian artists, Stella Donnelly, John Butler Trio, The Teskey Brothers and Hiatus Kaiyote. Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios, AVL Digital Group and Songtrust, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Due to recent growth, Downtown is seeking a Sync Manager to join our team in the Sydney office. This position will report to our Creative Director & Head of Sync, Australia & New Zealand.
- Oversee promotion of the Downtown Music Publishing catalogue to music licensees covering all media types including Advertising, Film, Television, Promos
- Identify revenue growth areas within the ANZ sync landscape
- Handle inbound licensing enquiries, negotiations and clearances for all Downtown catalogue in Australia & New Zealand
- Work with the Australian & Global team to create marketing materials
- Build and manage relationships with music supervisors and music buyers through written and in-person follow-up, as well as at networking events and live music and showcases
- Minimum four years experience in Sync Licensing
- Existing contact list of ANZ based Sync clients
- Ability to create and manage relationships
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A strong passion for music with a very broad taste and knowledge
- Understanding of ANZ advertising, TV and film markets. Experience in other markets will be considered favourably
- This role provides ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team and career growth opportunities
- Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values
- We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply
If you think you are the right person for the role please submit your cover letter and CV no later than 5.00pm Friday 17 May to firstname.lastname@example.org