Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney. The company’s catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, Carla Bruni, and Tori Amos. Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios and SongtrustⓇ, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown is seeking a Sync Temp to join our team in our New York City office for a 6 month contract period. This position will report into and work closely with our Sync Playlist Assistant and Catalog Operations Coordinator.
What you will do:
- Cataloging all incoming audio and metadata from Downtown clients (including publishers, writers, song splits, territories and audio file formats)
- Creatively tagging new and old audio for the internal cloud catalog with keyword identifiers (i.e genre, tempo, lyrical theme, scene description)
- Organizing and extracting metadata from spreadsheets
- Experience in music publishing, metadata tagging, and/or supervision
- 1-2 years music industry experience (internships acceptable)
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Potential career growth opportunities
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
- New offices in bustling Soho
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and encourage all to apply.