Title: Label Manager
Company: Thrive Music
Location: Los Angeles
Closing Date: December 15th, 2023
Based in Los Angeles, Thrive Music is one of the leading dance/electronic music labels in the world, dedicated to building artists’ careers. Thrive Music is distributed globally through Virgin Music, and has ongoing artist partnerships with Capitol Music Group, UMG, and others.
You will be responsible for marketing and digital strategy for all artists on the Thrive roster, creating actionable plans across streaming, social, touring, and all other areas of an artist’s career. You will be conceptualizing marketing campaigns, including within social and streaming communities with the goal of advancing how fans listen to, participate in, and consume music. You will create, market, optimize content + develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies.
Lead day-to-day label management efforts with a focus on general administration tasks, strategy development, content creation supervision, data analysis, and marketing support, as well as drive communication + delivery of timely information to our global distribution partners and DSPs.
- Identify and maximize label/artist growth opportunities, expansion strategy, and innovating new ways to grow Thrive’s overall business.
- Maintain strong relationships with artists, key partners, and third party vendors.
- Working alongside key label departments (marketing, digital, promotions, A&R), to drive successful release campaigns for our roster.
Collaborating with our marketing team to maintain campaign budgets across marketing and digital spends.
- Manage the Thrive release schedule, ensuring digital assets are delivered in a timely manner.
- Communicate with our distributor, streaming + social partners on a weekly or daily basis to share updates, company priorities, and pitches.
- Work directly with artists and artist management to ensure requests and expectations are handled intelligently and carried out effectively.
- Contribute to all related company efforts in connection with assigned projects and provide timely feedback and follow-ups regarding any actioned items.
- Work closely with the commercial team to build streaming strategies.
- Weekly/daily stats and data analysis + performance reports across socials and streaming services.
- Understand and report key metrics that indicate growth or decline in streams, skip ratios, and social stats.
- Process invoices and collect / file finalized agreements, in addition to work with management teams, publishers, songwriters and record labels on credits, filing paperwork and delivering data to our neighboring rights collection partners.
- Deep knowledge of the dance and electronic music scene and lifestyle.
- Experienced in handling general administrative duties, motivated self-starter.
- Understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools including email, social media platforms, and viral marketing techniques.
- Data driven with deep knowledge and interest in the streaming landscape (Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Amazon, Deezer, Soundcloud, Pandora, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to multitask and prioritize workflow.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and complete urgent tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and creative/copy writing skills.
- Reporting and data analytics skills.
- 3-5 years of label management or administrative experience preferred.
- Must have a passion for dance music and be a quick learner of new digital tools.
- Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools.
- Digital and Social Media Marketing knowledge, a plus.
- Direct music industry experience, preferably in the dance and electronic field.
- Knowledge of digital advertising preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or higher level of education, preferred.
Please send resume to: email@example.com