New Synchtank Report – Drowning in Data: Royalty Accounting and Systems in the Digital Age
The music business today is made up of countless revenue streams, all with endless volumes of micropayments and many billions or even trillions of lines of data to be processed. Music publishers and their systems are facing an uphill battle as data volumes continue to grow at an exponential rate and rights and payments become increasingly complex.
These are the systems that underpin the royalties ecosystem, and they are struggling to cope.
This is the focus of Drowning in Data – Royalty Accounting and Systems in the Digital Age, a new report from Synchtank which addresses these challenges and how systems can be primed to handle them over the next decade and beyond.
Key topics include:
- The trends behind this explosion in data and how high data volumes will continue to rise in the years to come
- How rights holders, artists and songwriters are losing out on what could be billions of dollars of revenue because of poor data management and a fragmented rights and payment landscape
- The growing demands for transparency and how royalty statements, advances and payments are evolving
- How data and technology can be leveraged to drive operational decision making and inform key processes including catalog valuations
- The importance of modern, integrated royalty systems and the implications of building your own royalty system versus buying an existing solution
Download the report for free now:
Send download link to:
DATA, RIGHTS AND ROYALTIES SUMMIT – REGISTER NOW
Join us on Wednesday, May 12th 2021 for a free event to mark the launch of our report. We’re bringing industry leaders together to discuss critical issues surrounding music rights, royalties and payments in the 21st century. Register here and stay tuned for more details.