As 2018 approaches we count down our 10 most popular blog posts of the last year, from trends in trailer music to interviews with music supervisors and other sync professionals. Like our posts? Don’t forget to subscribe to our Synchtank Weekly newsletter!
10. Sync From The Other Side – Can Placements Support New Talent In Today’s Industry?
What role does sync licensing play in keeping new talent afloat in the music industry? Liam Reay, Sync Manager at indie music publisher Wipe Out Music, takes a look at sync from the other (artist’s) side.
9. Synchtank Client Spotlight: Bucks Music Group’s Sync Team on Publishing Trends, Placements and the Power of Being Independent
We catch up with our client Bucks Music Group‘s award-winning sync team to chat recent signings/placements and the secret to their success as a leading independent music publisher.
8. Synchtank Client Spotlight: Cutting Edge On Launching The Go-To Film Score Licensing Destination
Cutting Edge Group Sync Manager Alex Sheridan takes us through the launch of music.film, the go-to destination for licensing film score.
7. Janesta Boudreau on Music Supervising Video Games and Launching Coversion, the Go-To Sync-Focused Covers Catalogue
We chat to music supervisor and licensing specialist Janesta Boudreau about her work on video games, and launching sync-focused covers catalogue Coversion later this month.
6. Women in Sync Series: The Music Sales UK Creative Team
For the second instalment of our Women in Sync series, in association with global Women in Music network shesaid.so, we chat to the all-female sync team at our client Music Sales!
5. Projecting Trends: How Chatbots and Blockchain Will Converge to Shape the Future of Music
In this last regular edition of Projecting Trends, Bas Grasmayer looks at the convergence of two important trends: chatbots and blockchain.
4. Projecting Trends: How Musicians Gamify Their Fanbases
Bas Grasmayer looks at three campaigns that used gamification to better engage and monetize an artist’s fanbase, and the new technologies enabling other musicians to adopt this approach.
3. Q&A with David Lynch’s Music Collaborator Dean Hurley – Part 1: Working On and “Protecting the Experience” of Twin Peaks: The Return
Dean Hurley is a wearer of many hats – in addition to running David Lynch’s Asymmetrical Studios, he is also the director’s longtime musical collaborator and music supervisor. In this two-part feature, he speaks to us about working with Lynch on Twin Peaks: The Return, and “protecting the experience” of the show.
2. A Look at Trends in Trailer Music
Trailer adusic is big business, whether you’re dealing with a placement of an existing song, a cover/remix, or an original composition. Trailer houses are all too aware of the pressure to sell a film in under 5 minutes, and music can have a huge influence on a trailer’s impact. In this post, our friends at Trailaurality take a look at key trends in the trailer music world, and where industry professionals see things heading next.
1. Key Worldwide Music Industry & Sync Events List 2018
We’ve put together the most comprehensive list out there of key music industry events / conferences worldwide. Bookmark it now.