We take a look at our 10 most popular Synchblog posts of 2019, from interviews with industry experts to trends, insights and valuable advice.
10. Songs in the Key of Life: Hitting Fast Forward to Discover the Future of Playlists
Are playlists the new albums? And what happens next in this increasingly important area of the music business? Ben Gilbert speaks to three influential figures to find out.
9. A Conversation with Exactuals’ Head of Music Product Chris McMurtry
We chat with Chris McMurtry, Head of Music Product at Exactuals, about how machine learning & AI technologies are helping to fix the industry’s enormous data problem.
8. Music Industry Analysts on the Trends to Watch in 2020
As 2019 comes to a close, we asked some of the brightest minds in the music industry to talk through their predictions for the trends and issues that will shape 2020.
7. Emerging Sync: Looking Into Sync Opportunities Within China’s Entertainment Industry
As China’s music industry grows, Kriss Edward Thakrar examines the opportunities and challenges this presents for Western artists, publishers and record labels in the world of film and TV.
6. Behind the Booming Business of Songwriting for K-Pop with Peermusic
Key takeaways from Midem’s ‘Songwriting for K-pop’ panel which discussed the intricacies of the Korean music market and the opportunities it presents.
5. For What It’s Worth: Putting a Value on Music Publishing Catalogues
Eamonn Forde speaks to several players in the sector to learn about the key value drivers and factors that guide music publishing catalogue valuations.
4. The Reality of Syncs: The Ease (or Difficulty) in Getting Placements
Attorney Erin M. Jacobson explains the complex variety of factors that affect obtaining and licensing for sync placements.
3. For the (Re-)Record: Here’s What You Need to Know About Re-Recording Restrictions
Artist manager Mark Tavern takes a look at the details involved in a little-known aspect of artist contracts: re-recording restrictions, and examines what they mean for the artist-label relationship moving forward.
2. Sync Negotiations: How Much Should You Ask for Your Music?
Attorney Steven Masur runs through the practical considerations to keep in mind when determining how much to charge for a sync license.
1. Key Worldwide Music Industry & Sync Events List 2020
We’ve put together the most comprehensive list out there of key music industry events / conferences worldwide. Bookmark it now.