Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Publishing Group has an exciting Junior-level opportunity: Coordinator – Music for Advertising Clearance Team. This person will assist the Music for Advertising Clearance team with timely and accurate rights research, logging of relevant deal terms, vendor set-up, and the processing of license requests.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Will be an integral part of the highly collaborative and team-oriented commercial sync team.
- Responsible for maintaining the internal sync database for all commercial deals in North America.
- Liaise with the sync licensing team and external customers/licensees to ensure commercial licenses and invoices are requested and issued in a timely manner.
- Tracking and organizing current sync uses and deals for various reports including ones to Department Head and C-level executives.
- Opportunity to grow into a larger role within the commercial team working with songwriters and clearing music for brands and agencies.
- Other special projects as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- Interest and knowledge across a broad range of commercial music, songwriters, and music artists
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage workflows and manage a variety of tasks and projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a pressured environment
- Strong sense of urgency, adherence to deadlines, attention to detail, and fearless follow-through required.
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
- Excellent client services attitude
- Willingness to work within a team and within a collaborative and creative environment
- Excellent computer skills/knowledge or aptitude to learn new systems – Outlook, Microsoft Office, Proprietary Licensing System, Copyright Management Systems
- Clear understanding of the roles of publishers and record companies and other rights holders in the music ecosystem.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in terms of email communication.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Wellness Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated, and boosted, against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.