We are hiring an enthusiastic and driven Synch Coordinator in New York to join the global Synch & Brand Partnerships team. Our ideal candidate has a passion for music and should have excellent communication skills, be highly organized, be a self-starter who is able to be independently pro-active, and should be very comfortable working with managers, artists, and songwriters as well as internal and external executives.
WHAT DOES A SYNCH COORDINATOR AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide administrative support to the NYC Synch Team. Tasks include but are not limited to: scheduling and calendar management; coordinating meetings and guest visits; coordinating travel; organizing and maintaining team assets
- Manage east coast based clearance requests as needed, including researching ownership, seeking client approval, and issuing quotes
- Assist in creative pitching efforts via catalog mining and gathering/creating marketing resources (one-sheets, hard drives, etc.)
- Track, organize, and manage client tour schedules, invites, ticketing, and RSVPs for the East Coast, Midwest, and Canada
- Support the NYC synch team by attending client shows
- Liaise with other departments at Kobalt for various projects and meetings
- Pull data reports and writer information from the internal database as needed
- Plan and execute internal and external artist showcases
- Plan and execute client and customer events
- Facilitate tracking of synch pitches and deals in Kobalt’s internal database
- Lead generation and contact database management
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 2+ years administrative experience, preferably supporting and/or interacting with senior-level executives
- Music industry experience with knowledge of the recorded and music publishing businesses preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) & Google Drive; Photoshop and iMovie also preferred
- Great initiative with the ability to be collaborative, demonstrate strong judgment, professionalism, and poise
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to be resourceful are imperative
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume & evolving environment
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.