Company: Wise Music
Industry: Music Publishing, Entertainment
Country: United States
City: Santa Monica
About Wise Music
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding professional to join our Publishing Licensing team in Santa Monica. Wise Music Group / G. Schirmer Inc. is a leading independent music publisher with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Tokyo, Copenhagen, Italy and Sydney. Home to a vast catalog spanning both pop and classical music, Wise Music functions as a full-service music publisher and copyright administrator with a focus on promoting and exploiting their copyrights in the film, television, trailers and advertising world. The Los Angeles office offers a one-stop shop for music professionals, providing everything from publishing services and music supervision to songwriting and production.
Metadata / Library Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all metadata for Wise Music related catalogs and active roster.
- Ingest catalog and frontline repertoire from new acquisitions (All genres).
- Content management, audio ingestion and data management in Synchtank, DISCO and office library
- Review upcoming releases for all MSC offices, assist in distribution of US repertoire when needed.
- Handle synchronization licenses for Educational, Non-Profit, Museum/Exhibition, Short Film, TV Broadcast, Orchestral, Online Performance Videos, DVD/Home Video, Indie Film and Industrial.
- Manage data entry in Salesforce licensing database for creative synch executives, and deals through licensing pipeline to Contact Administration.
- Strong organization skills, high attention to detail and ability to work independently, handling multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work and being accountable.
- Efficient time managing skills with the ability to adhere to deadlines while executing tasks accurately.
- The ability to work well in a team; to think proactively, strategically and analytically; consistently takes initiative; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- The ability to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Reflect a high level of professional communication etiquette both internally and/or externally (written and verbal), in a manner consistent with the company’s Code of Conduct and core values including the ability effectively interact with clients.
- Understanding of the importance of safeguarding confidential and proprietary information.
- The ability to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment during normal business hours.
- General computer skills and full proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphases in Outlook, Word, Excel, iMaestro, DISCO and Salesforce
- 2-3 years of experience in synchronization licensing is preferred.
Proof of COVID vaccination required.
This is a non-overtime-exempt salaried position. Salary range ($40,000 -$45,000). Full medical and dental benefits and 401(K) offered. Wise Music/G. Schirmer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.