Are you an entertainment news junkie? Do you thrill your friends with tales torn from famous and obscure sources about artists and performers of every ilk? Are you a bit of a data-head who’s a little obsessed with entertainment charts, ranks, lists and stats? Do you knowingly smile to yourself as you watch a story’s blow-up path, from the feeds to the web to TV, all fueled by the public’s fascination with all things entertainment? And do you have an eye for fact-based stories and an understanding of the role data plays in their telling? If so, we’d like to talk!
Luminate is the preeminent entertainment data and insights company, unlocking access to the most essential, objective, and trustworthy data compiled from thousands of verified data sources. The beneficiary of industry consolidation, Luminate now houses what was once Nielsen Music, BDS Radio, SoundScan, Music Connect, Alpha Data and Variety Business Intelligence.
As a Data Scientist in Luminate, you should expect to …
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering on projects that leverage both internal and external datasets to produce insightful and actionable business recommendations.
- Develop new methodologies to measure and ensure data quality standards.
- Design and research analytical or predictive models that can be incorporated into existing products or developed as new products.
- Serve as an internal consultant on data analytics and advocacy for data-driven decision-making.
We will like you to have …
- MS/Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related fields.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data science or analytics. Entertainment industry experience is a plus.
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Strong storytelling and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal Engineering support
- Experience in developing production-level predictive or machine learning models
- Experience with large scale data modeling and data management
What makes us shine:
- Our People! We are music fans and gamers, film buffs and social scrollers, technologists and subject matter experts, scientists and developers and analysts who take immense pleasure in making sense of the data that drives entertainment, so everyone can get paid and more art can be made. That’s why we do what we do.
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance, 401K with matching, and Childcare and Elder Care Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subscription to Calm & TalkSpace
- Uncapped vacation time (yes, uncapped!) You are empowered to do the things you enjoy outside of work too.
- Community – Participate, create, or help us develop our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- 12 weeks of parental leave for the both primary and secondary parents
More About Us: Luminate is a joint venture between Penske Media Corporation (Variety, Rolling Stone, Vibe, Billboard) and MRC Media (Ozark, Knives Out, Baby Driver, Dick Clark Productions). We are a new company with an incredible history. We power the Billboard Charts, but we also inform the entire music industry with exclusive research, data and insights. We serve the television and film industry, providing deep meta-data on every major production and title.
Luminate is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.